Nicola Jaffrey – Founder
Nicola is an Advanced Sports Dietitian and the founder of Embody Nutrition Consulting.
Since establishing Embody in 2013, Nicola has spent the best part of a decade supporting her clients to define and achieve their health goals and perform at their absolute best.
Nicola has extensive experience in professional sports nutrition. She has a unique understanding of the application of elite nutrition principles to support her clients reach peak performance within their chosen sport, professional careers or daily lives.
Nicola is a Wollongong local who was bought up in the worlds of rugby league and dance. She is married to an exercise physiologist and together they are raising three young boys, who share their parent’s passion for sport. Naturally, her life is filled with all things health, fitness and wellbeing – but she subscribes to the principle of all good things in moderation.
Nicola holds the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition and Population Health), University of Wollongong
- Masters of Science (Nutrition and Dietetics), University of Wollongong
- Advanced Sports Dietitian, Sports Dietitians Australia
- Accredited Practising Dietitian, Dietitians Australia
- Level 1 Anthropometrist, International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK)
Nicola specialises in the following areas:
- Team sport consultation
- Club and corporate presentations and programs
- Strength and power athletes
- Body composition manipulation
Nicola currently consults to the following organisations:
When it comes to nutrition, particularly elite sports nutrition, there is no one solution or strategy that will work for every single client. Nutrition advice and strategies needs to be individualised to meet the needs of each client, and this is the foundation of how we work at Embody. We approach each client with empathy first, to truly understand the role we can play to enhance our client’s lives and work together to meet their goals.